zondag 7 februari 2016

Under construction: McDonnell Douglas F-15B "Eagle" Israeli Air Force





Update from 7 february 2016:







As written in my update form january 31nd, the Python 3 where painted and the Sparrow got the decals on.
Beside the weapons I had to redo the handles and still wasn't happy with the air inlets.

The rear fuselage section was joint with the cockpitt section, despite testfitting and grinding I still got a gap. To close this small gap I used some Evergreen and the Tamiya extra thin glue.



 Before









After closing the gap with Evergreen and some Vallejo Putty








After closing the gap with Evergreen and some Vallejo Putty







As written above I wasn''t happy with the air inlets. I managed to seperate the wrong glued parts, from the air inlet up and started all over. This time I test fitted the parts as seen below, but now with the cockpitt section in place. I think that this is the best way instead of following the instructions (sub assembling the air intakes first and than joining them with the airframe). The down side is that there isn't plenty of room.


Starting over with the first choice for the air inlets I found a mistake in the instructions.
The parts were I did start with were for the left side of the aircraft





This is H8 for the righthand side of the aircraft,
But the best fit (after trying both of the parts) is changing left for right and right for left.







Next updat will be with the painted and decaled weapons

A fun shot of a F-16 on top of the F-15, it is a massive beast compaired to the F-16.






Thank you for reading.
Jan Remco

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten