zondag 12 oktober 2014

Supermarine Spitfire MKXII

The second Spitfire I builded, I really like the World War II British and American planes, the roaring of the engines and the lines of the planes. I've been enjoying the sounds of the engines of the Spitfire during the Dutch and Belgium Air Force Days.
For the paintjob on the fuselage I used Vallejo Model Air, all the small parts where painted with Humbrol.

Airbrushed the grey color first than to get the camouflage pattern I used small rolls of white tack (this tip I picked up on the Internet). It took more time than expected.




After I was satisfied with the lay-out of the pattern, it was time to mask the grey. This was done with Tamiya masking tape and painters tape.









The result after cleaning up the masking tape and the white tack.
And the final result:



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten